Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Assembling Necklaces

These are like charm bracelets.  I love finding odd and unusual items to put together for my necklaces.  Things that have some relation to each other in color or texture or feel.   My first choice is for the focal link, in the center.  It could be a pendant I had made before but decided it needed something more, or a big foreign coin , anything interesting to grab attention.  The other links have to relate to that main one in some way.  Stone beads that repeat a color, perhaps.

Foreign coins really interest me!  They often have animals or other pretty images on them and , of course make you think of the adventure of travel.  This  one above is an example.   I think about the color of the metal when I put the links together.  Size and texture are important elements in the design, too.The little bead mosaics and colorful glass or stone beads give a little boost to the design.
In this one above, I just like to mix the different metals. The focal piece is wire formed into a
 flower shape, sligtly hammered.  I'm thinkin Spring!  I have a
new disc cutter, so it's easy to make these discs
and circles.  It takes a little muscle to hammer
them out, but at least I don't have to hand cut
them!  The mixed metals are a beautiful combin-
ation, I think.  It'a an adventure to find just the
perfect link that works with the next link.  End-
lessly interesting to me.

1 comment:

Sarita said...

Hello,
Have you ever heard of TypoBounty.com? It’s a game like website that pays cash reward for errors found on the internet. Here is a link to a video explaining the website. http://youtu.be/zRfdXiAZFIM They also have a million dollar contest called the $1,000,000 Team Leader Challenge Contest. Here is a link to the press release.
http://www.prweb.com/releases/FreeContest/Online/prweb8739529.htm

msimon